Mariah Carey’s upcoming album was first advertised as a Beyonce-style drop, with no warning or promotion. (That announcement, of course, negated the whole idea of a surprise release, but anyway.)
Tag: New Stuff (71-80 of 1112)
It’s also the name of his band Maroon Five’s (yes) fifth album, V, due Sept. 2. The followup to 2012’s Overexposed will reunite the band with longtime keyboard player Jesse Carmichael, and reportedly features production by several members of the Hot 100’s varsity squad, including Max Martin, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, and Shellback.
The band has signed a worldwide tour deal with Live Nation, and is scheduled to announce tour dates within the next few weeks; the album’s first single will arrive this summer.
One of the great ongoing narratives in the music world is the continued success of Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP 2 which has kept moving big units since its release last November, without very much promotion or fanfare. But when Eminem does come out of hiding to plug a new single, he does it in the biggest ways possible.
Earlier this week, Paul Simon and Edie Brickell found themselves in the news thanks to a disorderly conduct charge brought against the couple, married nearly 22 years, after police in Connecticut went to their home on a domestic disturbance call on Saturday night.
They’re back in the news today, this time for releasing a duet called “Like to Get To Know You.”
Ariana Grande’s 2013 debut album Yours Truly was a frustrating one — she clearly has the chops to make waves in the pop world, but it was deeply unclear who she really was as an artist. Perhaps she’s doing some soul-searching, because her new single “Problem,” which just dropped today, is a dramatic reinvention.
Fresh off the all-is-forgiven love-fest that was Nirvana’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Courtney Love is back with some fresh music. The new track is called “You Know My Name,” and it finds Love burning some bridges on the back of a thumping pop-punk riff. It’s one half of a double A-side single (along with a song called “Wedding Day”) that will be officially released on May 4.
Summer festival season has only just begun, but it’s already time to start thinking about where you’re going to binge on music this fall. You can start with Slim Shady himself, who is the just-announced headliner at the annual Austin City Limits Festival.
Record Store Day 2014 Roundup: Reviews and samples of new stuff by Bruce Springsteen, Jack White, and the glorious return of Veruca Salt
Another Record Store Day is in the books, and based on preliminary statistics and the number of photos of crowded indie shops that popped up all over Instagram on Saturday, it appears to be bigger than ever.
This year’s crop of exclusive vinyl releases featured several big-time reissues or first vinyl appearances of classic albums, but there were also a handful of newly minted pieces of music unveiled via Saturday’s festivities. Bruce Springsteen released a four-song salvo, Jack White set a record with a record, and Veruca Salt announced their return via two new tracks. Check out the reviews of these new tunes from big-name artists below.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi talk 'Toil and Till'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Big Brother'; 'Dancing With the Stars': Tuesday TV recaps
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Fantastic Fest 2014: 22 wonderfully weird films in Austin
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 539
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 375
- No Blood On His Hands 331
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance