Summer festival season has only just begun, but it’s already time to start thinking about where you’re going to binge on music this fall. You can start with Slim Shady himself, who is the just-announced headliner at the annual Austin City Limits Festival.
Tag: Pop (1-10 of 1034)
They say time heals all wounds, though the break between Prince and his original label Warner Bros. Records seemed beyond repair: So unhappy was the Purple One with his label bosses that he painted the word “SLAVE” on his face during most of his public appearances in 1993. But the two sides have figured out a way to sort things out, with Prince fans emerging as the big winners.
She’s still only 23, but it’s been a slow burn for Iggy Azalea. Born Amethyst Kelly, she left her home nation of Australia when she was 16 years old to pursue her hip-hop dreams. She’s been on the mix tape radar since 2011′s Ignorant Art, and has already teamed up with the likes of T.I., B.o.B, Mac Miller, Diplo, and Sean Paul.
Her proper debut album The New Classic has been in limbo for a while, but it’s finally hitting store shelves on April 18. Last week, EW caught up with Azalea in Manhattan Peruvian chicken emporium Pio Pio for a talk about art, nipples, and Katy Perry.
It’s a big week for debuts on the Billboard album chart—six of the top 10 are new entries—but the unbeatable beast that is Frozen continues its dominance on top.
On the new deluxe 30th anniversary edition of Cyndi Lauper’s debut, the everlastingly saucy supersmash She’s So Unusual, you can hear the “Work in Progress Rough Mix” of “Time After Time,” in which Lauper sings the song the way people have now for years, across the globe: by mumble-humming nonsense syllables until hitting the chorus. Of course, she probably hadn’t finalized (or memorized) the lyrics yet. We just can’t resist picking up that hard-wired melody, even when we need words scrolling across a karaoke screen to nail them.
Alicia Keys spins a web with Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell for 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' song 'It's On Again': Hear it here!
Andrew Garfield is about to swing back into cinemas clad in the blue and red spandex in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which opens on May 2. But before that, the soundtrack to the movie will arrive in stores — and now we have its first official single.
“Can you believe this place is 95 years old?” Lady Gaga asked the Sunday night crowd at New York City’s Roseland Ballroom, prompting — what else? — shrieks of adoration from her devoted fans. “What an old bitch.”
Sure, the forthcoming Wu-Tang Clan album The Wu: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin… will only be available to one person and is “presented in a hand carved nickel-silver box designed by the British Moroccan artist Yahy,” but how does this one of a kind musical artifact stack up against some of the other, crazier box sets in music history? (Or even the Wu-Tang bike?)
Check out some of the most extreme (and extremely expensive) box sets in history:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'American Idol' recap: Release the rockers
- 'Survivor': 4 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 659
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 467
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 382
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 483
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show