Jay Z and Solange Knowles have finally spoken out about the now infamous security footage video that showed Knowles physically attacking her brother-in-law on May 5th while leaving New York’s Standard Hotel after the Met Ball: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Solange Knowles (1-3 of 3)
Solange Knowles, sister to Beyoncé, has teamed with producer Dev Hynes for her new single, “Losing You.” Arriving at a time when the gap between R&B and electronica is rapidly closing, it’s tempting to lump Knowles’ latest in with the forerunners of this hybrid school (Frank Ocean, The Weeknd), but that would be misguided — her similarity to these artists is mostly conceptual.
Despite its digital sound, “Losing You” shares is less atmospheric and abstruse than deliberately romantic, with a simplicity that echoes ’60s girl groups. Sports evocative lyrics over an insistent, warmly danceable beat, the track captures a paradoxical blend of resignation and hope — that moment when the sun emerges after a downpour. Watch the video, shot in South Africa, below. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: How'd it look to you?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder’ team on the pre-reveal killer theories they liked best
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)