Taylor Swift, New York welcome ambassador and accomplished owner of cats, is an unstoppable force. Billboard reports that Nielsen SoundScan revealed that her 1989 has sold 1.287 million copies in a week—that’s the most an album has sold in a week since 2002 when Eminem’s The Eminem Show sold 1.322 million. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Taylor Swift (11-20 of 263)
Taylor Swift’s takeover of 2014 with 1989 is set to continue at the American Music Awards, where she’ll debut her new single, “Blank Space,” the second off the album.
Once upon a time, Taylor Swift fans who didn’t want to shell out dozens of dollars could listen to most of Swift’s discography on Spotify for free. That time is now over—but Spotify is trying to change that.
Swift removed all her music from Spotify, so the company responded by posting a note to the “Shake It Off” singer on their website. “We hope she’ll change her mind and join us in building a new music economy that works for everyone,” their site reads, and adds that they pay “nearly 70 percent of [their] revenue back to the music community.” READ FULL STORY
No matter whether you think Taylor Swift’s “Welcome to New York” is a good representation of the city, she is using it to genuinely help her newly adopted home. Newly appointed New York City “welcome ambassador” Swift announced on The View, that all of the proceeds from sales of the song will go to public schools in the city.
Beyoncé and Taylor Swift are likely the world’s two most zeitgeist-y and powerful pop stars right now. So, naturally, someone saw an opportunity. READ FULL STORY
Kelly Clarkson covered Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off” Saturday evening—and even got Swift’s stamp of approval.
In a fan-recorded video of the performance, Clarkson introduces “Shake It Off” as “one of [her] favorite songs out right now.” She goes on to infuse the pop song with some soul, and finishes with a note on Tay: “Seriously, everybody gives Taylor Swift a hard time, but she can write a hook,” Clarkson says. “I’m just sayin’.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in 'Pippin'